You want what is best for your children; so does your partner. However, you may not always see eye to eye on your children’s best interests. These disagreements can make it difficult to reach a child custody arrangement that both of you find satisfactory. When you need assistance reaching a favorable custody schedule, a child custody attorney can help.
We are Soffietti, Johnson, Teegen, Argueta, Bawcum & Barone. With more than 50 years’ experience, we help parents in Lake County and throughout Illinois who need legal representation in their custody cases. Our lawyers can assist with numerous issues, including:
- Physical and legal custody
- Co-parenting schedules
- Custody order enforcement
- Out-of-state relocations
- Termination of parental rights
- Post-judgment modifications
Usually, we can obtain favorable results without going to court. However, we are also skilled trial attorneys who will not hesitate to present your case before a judge, if necessary.
Understanding Illinois Courts’ Custody Decisions
There is no simple formula for determining custody — cases vary widely. Family courts in Illinois consider several factors when issuing child custody decrees. The court may consider:
- The child’s relationship with parents and other relatives
- The parents’ mental and physical health
- The location of each parent
- The child’s adjustment to home, school, church and community
- Substance abuse by either parent
- A history of physical or verbal abuse
In a consultation, we can evaluate your family’s circumstances and provide realistic expectations for your case.
Talk To A Child Custody Lawyer
Learn more about your custody prospects and discuss how to obtain the custody order you want by scheduling an appointment with our law firm. We have locations in Waukegan and Fox Lake. Call us at 888-351-2429 or use our online contact form. Se habla español.